Construction is underway on a Olympic-themed museum in Tianjin, China, comprising five connected rings. Designed by Dutch architects HAO and Beijing studio Archiland, the museum will commemorate the legacy of Juan Antonio Samaranch, who was president of the International Olympic Committee from 1980 to 2001 and an influential promoter of the games. Exhibitions dedicated to Samaranch’s work will be housed in a figure of eight-shaped building that will loop around an entrance courtyard and garden in the two largest rings of the complex. The Samaranch Memorial Museum is due to complete in 2013.
- New Museum of Arts and Design (interview with MAD Deputy Director Ben Hartley)
- Waterfall Restaurant in Villa Escudero is the Most Beautiful Dining Experience One Can Have
- 2011 AIA Institute Honor Award goes to Jensen Architects/Jensen & Macy Architects
- What You Do Not Know About National Building Museum in Washington D.C.
- Beautiful Ornate Alésia Museum Visitor’s Centre by Bernard Tschumi Architects