This project, commissioned by a very particular client, takes place in a residential neighborhood in the east of the city of Lima. The challenge: to solve the program and user requirements on uneven ground with a very steep double. The location of the lot and the view of a portion of the city would be crucial for the development of the proposal. The main objective of the customer, an elderly lady, was to begin a new phase in his life and felt an air of renewal and modernity. The project should respond to this need and ensure the functional comfort for daily functioning.
The project consists of two volumes that contrast each other. A fully transparent volume predominantly glass and metal houses the social housing area allowing a clear view over the city. A second volume contains the most secretive private area of the house. The stone and concrete help to create the counterpart and to demonstrate how the building sits on the hill in a firm transparent allowing the volume to feel like a free-floating element in a more heavy and rocky.
- A House Made of Two by Akio Nakasa
- Extraordinary View – Interiors That Offer a Lot More than Four Walls
- Extraordinary building with perforated metal balconies fold like ribbons around the facade by 24H architecture
- Very Interesting Architecture Duo: Modern Extension to Small Farmhouse in the Netherlands
- Compact cliff-top house in Matanzas, Chile by Panorama Architects