This stunning building was designed by Swatt Miers Architects and is located in well known area of Silicon Valley, California. Owners of this house wanted to have a casual, barefoot feel, like a holiday destination, with strong indoor-outdoor connections. Here is more from the architects: “The design that evolved is based on a simple “L” shaped plan with two wings. The east wing includes the kitchen and family room on the ground floor, with children’s bedrooms located on the upper level. The south wing consists of an office, media room, and guest suite at the lower level, with the master suite located on the second floor. Connecting the two wings is a living / dining ‘great room’, fully glazed on the north and south sides. Under a low, cantilevered overhang, a solid mahogany pivoting entrance door opens to the dramatic ‘great room’, a beautiful two-story volume pierced by a floating glass bridge that runs east-west, connecting the two wings at the upper level“. Do you think that architects fulfilled owners’ dreams?
TweetShare on Facebook
Photography by Tim Griffith
- Diverse “Y”-shaped Modern Residence in The Netherlands: Villa 1
- Fluid Otter Cove Residence Overlooking the Ocean in California
- Perched on a Cliff, 100 Metres Above the Ocean – Queenscliff House
- Extremely Modern Peacefulness – The Jarson Residence in Arizona
- House of Actor Michael C. Hall aka Dexter on Sale for $1.995 Million