The faceted buildings of this community centre look like meteorites that have landed in a rural village in southern Austria. Designed by Austrian firm Machné Architekten, the building comprises timber and fibre cement-clad volumes that are angled to frame views of surrounding buildings. A glazed foyer connects the three main blocks at their centre and provides entrances to the departments contained inside, which include a town hall, a music centre and offices for the fire department.
- Unique House of Justice and Police Station in Mestia by J. Mayer H. Architects
- Civic and Cultural Centre Inside a Former Prison in Palencia, Spain
- SeaCity Museum Opened on the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic’s Departure
- Unique Memento Pavilion by Wesley Meuris
- Three Apartment Blocks with Masked Facade Behind Curved Galvanised-steel Grids