This site is located on the slope in the north side of villa area in South Hakone. The scenery of the north side is rare because of its opening to look over Mt.Fuji without being almost distributed by any other houses in the fine day. On the other hand, looking at a variety of houses whose shapes and colors are unique in other sides of the site. Designers instantly pulled back to Japanese reality by a sense of relief blessed with nature. Standing in the site, in order not to allow people to look at east, west and south sides, the idea that the crescent-shaped plan which opens up to north corresponding to the site and the cross section which looks like the “C” character( the “U” character which falls down) naturally comes up to mind right away.
In the crescent-shaped plan, two bedrooms and LDK (Living, Dining and Kitchen) are arranged by putting furniture and volumes of utility facilities as partitions. The center of the crescent-shaped plan has a huge cantilevered roof since the cross section of that area is the deepest because of used as a living area. Although a column became necessary in order to prevent the roof from bending, a chimney of fireplace is used instead of it.
- Magnificent Oz Residence in Silicon Valley, California
- Compact cliff-top house in Matanzas, Chile by Panorama Architects
- Extraordinary Gabled House with a Crisp White Silhouette by Arhitektura d.o.o.
- Diverse “Y”-shaped Modern Residence in The Netherlands: Villa 1
- Lake Lugano House by JM Architecture