MAP Architects designed the imposing Redcliffs House, a contemporary residence located in Christchurch, New Zealand. Floating on a steeply sloping site, the residence offers amazing views of the neighboring estuary, beach and the Kaikoura mountain ranges beyond. According to the architects, “the plan of the home was dictated by the local climate and the topography of the site. The home ‘sits its bum’ on the highest point of the site and spans across to a concrete block bridgehead at the lower end. Integrated into the bridgehead is the main garage, which may be adapted into an art studio for the client. The building floats above its sloping site, providing a shaded landscaped space beneath“. Probably the most spectacular feature of the residence- the pool area- aligns to the beautiful views, providing the feeling of reigning over the city and estuary. The interior design is highly contemporary, enriched by artful additions throughout.
- Surfers’ Dream Home with Folding Facade and Amazing Details – Freshwater House in Australia
- 10 Million Dollar Spectacular Chalet-Inspired Modern Villa in Madrid
- Gorgeous Modern Lakefront Residence Transformed from 1960′s Split-level House
- Diverse Modern Architecture Originally Adapted to a Steep Site
- Minimalistic New Zealand Home Visually Anchored in its Landscape by Extensive Use of Brick