Gudmundur Jonsson Arkitektkontor designed this vacational house respecting the landscape that surrounds the house. The concept of Casa G is based on reading and feedback to the landscape it exists on. The characteristic landscape situation and view differences distinctively in each direction. Towards south the view to the sea and islands, towards north the characteristic triangular mountain, towards east the glacier and towards west the river and canyon.
Those elements are the creator of the project, the transitions between the landscape views giving the entrance from the north and the curved plan giving a vitalized focus towards the seaside in south. When turning back the north view towards the mountain is as well enhanced with the widening view due to the fan-shape of the tilting wooden wall, being a mediator between the northern and southern landscape characteristic.
- Innovative Architecture of Casa Playa Las Lomas I-05 by Vértice Arquitectos
- Diverse “Y”-shaped Modern Residence in The Netherlands: Villa 1
- Focusing On Views With A Modern Addition To An Old Farmhouse
- Dream Transformation of One Story House in Tiburon, California
- Simple-Shaped Contemporary Family Home in Jozefow, Poland